Number of Entries
Members are allowed to enter a total of six (6) prints and four (4) images in the digital projected image section.
- Shall measure not more than 20" (51 cm) x 16" (40.5 cm), including the mount.
- In the case of a panorama an area equal to 20" (51 cm) x 16" (40.5 cm) in any configuration.
- Members are required to adhere to the rear of the print a completed label. Copies of a template for printing on Avery DL14 adhesive labels may be downloaded from the Competition Resources page.
- Additionally, members must complete a Competition Entry form, which can be downloaded from the Competition Resources page, and completed to match the information on the print label. This entry form must be submitted to the Competition Secretary on the night of the meeting, along with your print(s), between 7:00pm-7:30pm.
- Unlabelled prints will not be accepted.
- There will be a Monthly Competition which will include digital images, either in colour or monochrome.
- Members shall be allowed to enter a maximum of four digital images per competition.
- The general requirements and awards set for the Print Competition shall apply to the Digital Competition.
- Members shall lodge their entries with the person nominated by the Competition Secretary by midnight of the preceding Sunday to a Thursday night competition.
- Members are required to complete a Competition Entry form, which can be downloaded from the Competition Resources page, and submit it to the Competition Secretary on the night of the meeting.
Sizing and formatting
- Digital images will not exceed 1Mb in size.
- The pixel dimension shall not exceed 1920 pixels in width and 1080 pixels in height. (Note: You cannot switch these dimensions to be 1920 pixels in height and 1080 pixels in width)
- The image resolution will be 72 pixels/inch.
- The colour profile shall be sRGB.
- All images must be saved/presented in the JPEG format.
Naming of files
All digital images submitted must be named and numbered using the following naming convention:
<Two Digit Number> <NameSurname> – <Image Title>
01 RobGoodall – My Photo Title
The two digit number will change depending on how many digital entries you have on any particular month.
- If you choose to submit your entry form with your digital images please ensure your name is part of the digital entry form file name.
For information on preparing images for the digital competition go to Sizing Digital Images
- To enter a Monthly Competition a person must be a financial member.
- There shall be only one grade of members in the monthly competition.
- The Competition Secretary shall determine if a print or digital image is suitable for display and complies with the stated subject definition of the competition.
- A print or digital image that receives a credit or merit shall not be allowed entry into any future monthly competition.
- A print or digital image that is awarded an Acceptance or no award may be entered into any future monthly competition. It will only be credited with highest points awarded if it entered in the same competition year as it was first submitted.
- A print or digital image that has been given any award, other than an acceptance, shall not be entered in any future monthly competition in any other form. On the rear of the print, or the mat on which it is mounted, there shall be a record of: the name of the author; the image title; the date on which it was submitted for competition; any award it received.
- A member must reveal to the Competition Secretary the competition history of any image if requested.
- Persons invited to judge at monthly competitions should be named in the "List of Judges" as published by the FCC from time to time, or such other persons the Executive Committee considers to be qualified.
Scoring and Awards
- The judge of the monthly competition may award an Acceptance, Credit or Merit.
- The number of awards given shall be at the discretion of the judge.
- A member awarded an Acceptance shall receive two (2) points; a Credit three (3) points; a Merit four (4) points.
- Members shall be able to vote for their "Members Choice" in each category of Prints and Digital Images. The winner in each category shall receive two (2) bonus points in addition to any award made by the judge.
- The Competition Secretary shall keep, or cause to be kept, a record of the awards given by the judge.