Date - 24/02/2018
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This is an exciting new addition to our programme, but it does rely on as many members as possible getting involved. The event will start at 2:00pm on Saturday 24th February near the Archibald Fountain in Hyde Park North. This is how it works:
- Participants work together in teams of 2-4 people (depending on numbers) with one shared camera.
- Teams are given a list of things or themes to photograph in a three hour period.
- At the end of the three hour period we all rendezvous at Rob’s workplace in Surry Hills.
- Each team may submit only ONE entry per item on the scavenger list.
- Entries must be JPG as shot in camera/phone with no fancy filters applied.
- Teams will score a point for each entry that matches an item on the scavenger list.
- At judge’s discretion, bonus points will be awarded for creativity/degree of difficult.
- Bonus points also if you manage to get a photo for EVERY item on the list.
The prize is yet to be determined – it could be just bragging rights or it could be comestibles. Or it could mean having everyone else shout for you at the drinks / dinner afterwards at a nearby eatery.
The benefits of this event are manyfold:
- It’s a good social opportunity
- It encourages team work over the customary individual approach to a task
- Provide an opportunity for new members to get to know others in the club
- Encourages you to really take notice of what’s around you as you seek to capture as many items on the list as possible
- Potentially prods you to approach strangers to get some of the subjects on the list
- Experience the pressure of working to a deadline on a set task
- Encourages you to practice composition to get the images you need correct in camera
- Provides timely feedback
- You get the chance to see how others approach the same task
- The opportunity to have a relaxing social outing after a fun afternoon enjoying your favourite hobby.
To work really well it is important to have as big a turn out as we can get. We therefore need as many as possible to commit by sending an RSVP ASAP .
To add this event to your calendar, click here: iCal