IWPS usually meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, from February through to November at 7.30pm at Malvern Hill Uniting Church Hall (corner of Malvern Avenue and Murray Streets, Croydon), which is approx 300m from Croydon Train Station.
The first meeting of the month is normally where guest lecturers present on a particular field of photography such as computer skills, monochrome imagery, sports photography, photojournalism, etc.
The second meeting of the month is normally a competition night in which all members are encouraged to participate. Full details of all our activities are in the Schedule.
While the club activities are mainly focused on the meetings and competitions, it also undertakes a number of other activities during the year. These activities vary from year to year but always provide opportunities to explore different aspects of photography. Examples of these other activities include:
- Club outings to places of photographic interest
- Portfolio activities, where the focus is on developing a body of work
- Special sessions for beginners and people new to the club to provide a practical experience in a workshop setting
- A Members Gallery where each member is able to display their images
- Occasional opportunities for members to publicly display and sell (if desired) their images via club exhibitions and/or fair stalls
- On-line activities such as the The Forum and The Circle.
For a full program of activities please go to the Schedule page.
The best way to make a decision about joining is to come along for a couple of our meetings at Malvern Hill Uniting Church Hall and see if our club will suit you. Visitors are welcome at every meeting though only members can enter competitions and participate in other activities.
Check the Schedule to confirm meeting dates as there are occasional exceptions.
The IWPS membership fee is $65 per year to cover the cost of lecturers and judges, there is also a small gold coin donation for each night you attend to help cover the cost of venue hire.
Application forms are available at a meeting or by sending an email to the Secretary.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
Anyone interested in the history of the Inner West Photographic Society can read more about it here.